With warmer weather quickly approaching, now is a perfect time to make a few DIY Travel Pillow Cases! This fun and easy method will allow you to make one for each person in your family. They make great gifts too! Let me show you how!
Get your cutting measurements!
Option 1: Download for free. If you sign up for my Weekly Newsletter, you will get the cutting measurements and written directions for free! If you are already a subscriber – no worries! You won’t be double subscribed!
Option 2: Purchase this PDF pattern
Use this link to purchase the fabric cutting instructions. You’ll be emailed a download link for a file that references the instructions in this tutorial and provides the cutting measurements for this pattern. You’ll also be able to purchase this file in my shop.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. ? Read my full disclosure policy here.
Here are the materials you will need to make a Travel Pillow Case:
DIY Travel Pillow Case – Materials List
- Pillow Case Pattern
- Qty (1) 12” x 16” Pillow Form
- ½ Yard of Fabric for your Main Print (*Royals Fabric)
- Check out my selection of “sporty fabric” from My online fabric shop
- ¼ Yard of Fabric for your Pillowcase Band (French Blue)
- 1/8 Yard of Fabric for your Pillowcase Trim (White)
DIY Travel Pillow Case – Basic Supplies
- Sewing Machine (Here is my favorite machine)
- A thread that coordinates your project (I use Aurifil 50 wt)
- Sharp Fabric Scissors (I love these scissors)
- Straight pins or wonder clips
Download my pattern for your cutting instructions and have a great time making your DIY Travel Pillow Case! If you like video instructions; check out this video, which follows the same steps. Please note that the video is showing you how to make a full-sized pillowcase. The steps for the DIY Travel Pillow Case size are the same (just smaller).
Let me share a few pictures of some great group sewing events we had. All the participants made their own DIY Travel Pillow Case! Aren’t they fabulous??!?
I hope you make lots and lots of these fun DIY Travel Pillow Cases!
CHECK OUT these fun sewing projects!