Making a Quiet Book is easier than you think. A quiet book is made of felt and sewn together. These books are perfect to entertain the kiddos without the use of technology. Keep it in your car and take it to doctor appointments, church services, siblings’ extra-curricular activities, restaurants, car rides, or airplane trips. There are so many reasons to make a quiet book. Let’s dive into how easy it is to do just that!
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about this click here.
Types of Quiet Book Pages
There are many types of Quiet Books available. I think the best Quiet Books are the ones you make yourself! Check out the different types of pages that are available to make! These pages are designed and created by Kailan from The Quiet Book Queen.
I especially love these pages because they include all the materials to make your own. The pieces are even precut! They come with instructions and really make creating Quiet Book pages fun!
- Donuts and Milk Page Kit
- This sweet quiet book page combines imaginative play with learning letter sounds and blending words! Children can pretend to pour milk with the removable milk carton or fill the glass with water or orange juice.
- Dinosaur Finger Puppets Page Kit
- Do you have a dino fanatic? This dinosaur quiet book page will ignite their imagination. The dinosaurs are finger puppets so your child can stomp and roar to their heart’s content.
- Unicorn Page Kit
- This whimsical quiet book page just begs for a little one to do the unicorn’s hair! Attach your own clips and barrettes to the yellow ribbon. The children can work on braiding or clipping – both great fine motor skills.
- Castle Page Kit
- Little ones can create their own fairytale story – princess saves the day or knight tames the dragon. This quiet book page will most definitely encourage imagination and story telling.
Calendar Themed Quiet Books
I love the idea of calendar themed pages! Children will learn the months of the year, while also practicing fine motor skills (snapping, zipping, tying bows, weaving), colors, shapes, letter and number recognition, and counting. There is also plenty of opportunity for imaginative and creative play! The Quiet Book Queen has monthly kits that you can purchase to make creating fun and easy!
These Kits come with the instructions and ALL supplies you will need to make TWO Book pages! The felt is pre-cut for you and the wording and details is ready to iron on.
Buy individually to insert into your current book or purchase the subscription to collect them all to make your own Calendar Themed Book.
The page kit subscriptions always SHIP FREE! No code required.
Children will learn the months of the year, while also practicing fine motor skills (snapping, zipping, tying bows, weaving), colors, shapes, letter and number recognition, and counting. There is also plenty of opportunity for imaginative and creative play!
Watch the Video
I created a video to showcase the January page kit. I also invited Kailan, from The Quiet Book Queen, to share her tips and tricks with making these special books! Enjoy!
Be sure to use my coupon code SEWMUCHMOORE50 and save 50% off your first Calendar Page Kit! Enjoy making these fun and easy Quiet Book pages! Your little ones are going to love them!
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!
Start the new year with an easy sewing project for you that ends up being a unique screen-free activity for the little one in your life!
I’m teaming up with Kailan over at @quietbookqueen to give away a FULL YEAR of her Calendar Quiet Book Page Kit Subscription.
There are 10 monthly themed kits and each kit includes:
❗Pre-cut felt pieces
❗Supplies needed such as zippers, ribbon, magnets, hook and loop fastener, etc.
❗Details ready to iron on
❗Printed instructions with pictures
❗How-to videos in a private Facebook group
❗Shipping is included
Everyone starting this month will finish in December – just in time to give as a special handmade gift!
This giveaway is being hosted on Instagram – Click the Blue Button below to enter!