I just love the Diva Frame Wallet! This is such a fun and easy pattern that uses a metal frame and clasp. The frames come in different sizes and even different finishes. The fabric requirements for this wallet is extremely minimal and the instructions are quick and simple. Let me show you how I made my Diva Frame Wallet and don’t forget to watch the video tutorial too!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. 🙂 Read my full disclosure policy here.
Frame Wallet – MATERIALS LIST
- The Diva Frame Wallet pattern by Sew Many Creations
- (2) Fat Quarters of fabric
- one-quarter yard of Pellon Decor Bond 44″w fusible interfacing
- (1) 2-piece Metal Wallet Frame
- extra small Phillips head screwdriver (be sure to get a magnetized one! This set is great!)
- Qty (1) 7″ zipper (Longer is okay too – just make sure it is nylon so you can cut it down)
- 1/4″ W EZ Steam A Seam II Iron-On double stick fusible tape
- Frey Check Liquid
- Fabric Glue (I like this brand)
Frame Wallet – SUPPLY LIST
- Sewing Machine with a regular presser foot & zipper foot
- Thread (40 wt works really well for bag making)
- Rotary Cutter with a sharp blade (no kidding about a sharp blade)
- Frixion Pen (I buy these from Amazon)
- Sharp Scissors (these are my favorite)
- Cutting Mat (I love my rotating mat for this project)
- Iron & Wool Pressing Mat (if you don’t have one – get one!)
- Sewing Pins and Wonder Clips
- Optional Custom Label on inside pocket lining
- use coupon code sewmuchmoore15 for 15% off your custom label order!
Assembling the pattern
I must admit that I changed the pattern a smidge by adding a lining to the zipper pocket. The lining piece measuremnt is 8″ x 7″. It was an easy addition and you can see this in the video footage below…
Check out my video tutorial on how to construct the Diva Frame Wallet. While you are at YouTube, be sure to subscribe to my channel and opt for notifications. You don’t want to miss a thing!
Try a frame wallet today!
Check out some of these wallets that I found in the online marketplace! Be inspired!
This wallet is fun to make. In just a short time, you can make one too! These also make very nice gifts. What fabrics would you use to make your own Frame Wallet? So many options!
You may also enjoy these great tutorials!